Administrative Child Support Order

An administrative child support order is a legally-binding child support order that is issued by the Department of Family Services (HFS). This means that in order to modify, enforce, or terminate an administrative child support order, one should either call HFS or visit their downtown office.

If you are the custodial parent of a child or are receiving child support payments through an administrative child support order, you are likely enrolled in HFS's IV-D program, otherwise known as child support enforcement services.

If you have a copy of your child support order, you can tell if it is an administrative child support order if it has an administrative case number. Otherwise, it is  probably a judicial child support order.