Appealing or Modifying a Divorce Judgement

The process of getting a divorce will likely involve many hearings in court and the issuing of many different court orders. Some of the court orders or "judgements" made throughout a divorce case can be appealed or changed (modify) depending on the situation  

Examples of court orders and judgements that can be appealed or modified may include: 

  • your spouse files for a divorce, and you would like to file a counter-petition 

  • you disagree with the division of proprety; or 

  • you or your spouse have been ordered to make financial contributions to the other, such as alimony or child support, and you would like to change (increase or decrease) the amount required to pay