Child Support Owed to a Parent versus the State

Depending on your case, certain amounts of child support payments can be owed to different people. In some instances, all child support can be owed to the child's custodial parent. Other times, however, some or all child support can be owed to the state of Illinois.

Finding out to whom child support payments are owed may depend on your situation. You should call or visit the Department of Family Services's (HFS) office if:

If none of the above describe your situation, you should contact the Illinois State's Disbursement Unit (SDU) to find out to whom your child support payments are owed.