Contesting Child Support Enforcement or Judgement

If you have received a child support enforcement penalty or court order (or a legally-binding administrative order) that you believe was given on a false or mistaken basis, you may be able to contest the penalty or judgement.

An example of an improper sanction or judgement may include:

  • you have been ordered to pay past-due child support, even though you believe you have never missed a child support payment

  • you have been ordered to pay a certain amount in child support greater than $0, but your ONLY source of income is through public benefits, such as LINK/SNAP, TANF, or SSI; OR

  • you had your driver's license suspended or a lien was placed on your bank account, and you were NOT properly served notice of the penalty before it was put in place.