Enforcing Parenting Time

If you have a parenting plan concerning minor child(s), and you or the other caregiver is not with the child(s) during their allotted parenting time (visitation rights) is prevented from spending their parenting time with the child(s), a judge may take measures to enforce parenting time.

Actions that result from the enforcement of parenting time may include:

  • a modification of parenting time

  • a modification of a custody arrangement

  • a requirement that the enforced parent pay cash bond

  • a requirement that the enforced parent pay a fine

  • a requirement that missed parenting time be made up; or

  • a requirement that both parents attend a parenting class or counseling program, to be paid by the parent being enforced