What Does it Mean?
A fee waiver is an application open to those who can't afford to pay court fees. These fees are typically for filing court documents, such as a petition or an appearance.
Things You Should Know
In order to apply for a fee waiver, you must have information about:
- the kinds of public aid you receive, such as LINK/SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, or SSI
- the amount of income you earned last month
- an estimate of your annual income
- an estimate of your monthly expenses; and
- an estimated value of all the property or assets you own