SAEF Legal Aid logo. Click to return to home pageMobile menu. Click to view page options.
X button. Click to close window.

Modifying a Legal Separation Agreement

Please note that the legal information presented on this page is written for those living in the state of Illinois.

What Does it Mean?

A legal separation agreement can be modified for a spouse or partner to ask for financial assistance from the other, and other requests.

Things You Should Know

If you have experienced a significant change in financial situation since you agreed to get legally separated, you can ask the court for:

Further, if you and your spouse or partner have minor children together, you can ask the court for:

To ask the court to modify your legal separation agreement, you must file a motion.

See Related